Youth Support Volunteers – Wyre
Do you want to make a difference to your local community?
If you have a few hours to spare each week and are able to volunteer, this would be a great opportunity to consider. We are seeking volunteers to assist under supervision of a member of staff, to help those who access our services.
Overview of Service
The Children and Family Wellbeing Service offers support to children, young people and families age 0-19+years, (0-25 Years for SEND) and their families. The service identifies as early as possible when a child, young person or family needs support. This role is specifically to support the targeted youth support delivered to young people aged 12-19 years, (0-25 Years for SEND).
We are looking for volunteers for 1 or 2 evenings per week, to support detached/street based provision from 6pm to 9pm in the Fleetwood/Thornton/Cleveleys area. There may also be an opportunity at Garstang if a volunteer comes from that area.
This opportunity will give a volunteer the chance to:
- Gain experience from volunteering.
- Make a positive difference to a young person.
- Use their creative skills.
- Improve their confidence and self-esteem.
Before applying please speak to a Team Manager, to discuss the role in more detail, find out further information and decide if the role is suitable for you. Please email:
Brian Wood Team Manager – Brian.Wood@lancashire.gov.uk
Deb Cardwell Team Manager – Deb.Cardwell@lancashire.gov.uk
All tasks are carried out under the supervision of a member of staff:
- Support and assist staff to make contact with young people, run sessions and activities delivering regular youth provision and/or projects to young people. (This may be in a building or out in the community e.g., streets, parks)
- Support young people to broaden their horizons and get involved in positive activities.
- Help setting up the building for delivery sessions and tidying up afterwards.
- Help with building new skills, confidence, and motivation.
- Engaging with groups for young people.
- Help with supporting young people with additional needs
- Log volunteering hours on computer Better Impact account
- Able to initiate and develop relationships with 12- to 19-year-olds and up to 25-year-olds for young people with vulnerabilities based on respect and trust.
- Able to build positive relationships with young people and provide strong role modelling of positive adult behaviours.
- Able to establish boundaries and challenge inappropriate behaviour.
- Patience and understanding
- Approachable and Friendly
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- An ability to motivate and inspire others
- Good Communication skills – Good Active Listener
- Reliable and committed to providing long term volunteering support
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
This post is subject to Enhanced DBS/Vetting
Required Age:18 years +
Wyre Neighbourhood Centre, Milton Street, Fleetwood, FY7 6QW
Apply for this role
If you are interested in this opportunity, first contact the Service Manager for an informal chat. Following this, you can apply using the button below.
Please note: your application will be declined if no contact is made to the Service Manager before submitting your application.Apply Now