Volunteering at Blackpool Teaching Hospital – Blue Skies Shop & Trolley
Blue Skies Hospital Fund is the charity for Blackpool Teaching Hospitals – we support the best in patient care and medical research for Blackpool, Fylde and Wyre.
We are currently seeking volunteers to help in our shop and with trolley service that operates throughout the hospital and can commit to a minimum of 3 hours volunteering a week.
The Blue Skies Shop is situated in the Outpatient area of Blackpool Victoria Hospital and is open 9am-4pm on weekdays. Our shop is a great destination for staff, patients and visitors looking for a refreshment whilst at the hospital.
Our trolleys travel around the hospital providing patients with refreshments during their stay. Trolleys go out in the mornings and the afternoons.
Part of the application process will involve a DBS check which will be paid for by Blackpool Hospital Trust.
For further information, to find out if this role is for you, you can contact:
Jess Lonsdale, Office and Retail Manager, 01253 957903, firstname.lastname@example.org
Blue Skies Shop
- Open / Close the shop at the start or end of the day
- Check the cash float at the start and secure takings at the end of the day
- Restock and maintain the coffee machine
- Collect stock from the hospital kitchen
- Ensure the shop is clean and tidy, shelves restocked
- Manage newspapers
Blue Skies Trolley
- Visit wards around the hospital with the Blue Skies Trolley
- Maintain the trolley, keeping it clean, tidy and restocked
- Friendly and approachable to customers and patients
- Efficient at planning and organising
- Punctual and reliable
- Trustworthy and honest
All training will be provided on site after we have processed your application and you are ready to start with us at the hospital.
Required Age:16 years +
Blackpool Teaching hospital NHS, Whinney Heys Road, Blackpool, FY3 8NR