Visitors Centre Volunteer Beacon Fell
Visitors Centre Volunteers are urgently required at Beacon Fell.
The role involves interacting face to face with visitors, providing them with help and guidance. Being on hand to assist with local information and be a first point of contact.
This face-to-face role can be rewarding and informative. A great chance to help people and meet visitors from near and far.
The opportunity also requires some general duties i.e., keeping the Visitors centre tidy and managing displays.
Full training will be provided, which will initially involve supporting current volunteers. This opportunity is required Tuesday to Sunday. The hours are flexible with a scheduling system to ensure the centre is covered.
- Welcoming visitors to Beacon Fell
- Provide face to face guidance to Beacon Fell visitors.
- Ensure the Centre is tidy and maintained.
- Help to keep displays updated.
- Ability to provide support to colleagues.
- Act as an extra set of eyes to ensure visitors are happy.
- Ability to handle customer situations with professionalism.
- Comply with the Volunteer Acceptable Use Guidelines
- Log volunteering hours monthly
- Local knowledge would be an advantage.
- Must be a good communicator, friendly & approachable.
- The volunteer should have patience and understanding.
- Confidence in supporting all ages and all members of the public.
- To be reliable and committed to providing a good service.
- A commitment to the project.
- Regular attendance at an agreed time.
- Consistently accurate work.
Training will be provided in the form of online awareness modules and on-site trainer led. Volunteers will be asked to regularly refresh training when required.
Required Age:18 years +
Beacon Fell Visitors Centre, Carwags, Goosnargh, PR3 2NL