Targeted Youth Support – Morecambe Library
Children and Family Wellbeing Service are seeking volunteers to support their Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities SEND session every Monday evening 6pm – 9pm. The volunteer will assist in preparing the area and support the group who meet at 6:15pm to 8:30pm.
If you have a few hours to spare each week and are able to volunteer, this would be a great opportunity to consider.
We are seeking volunteers to assist under supervision of a member of staff, to help those who access our services.
This opportunity will give a volunteer the chance to:
- Gain experience from volunteering for this opportunity.
- Make a positive difference to a child, young person, and their family.
- Use their creative skills.
- Improve their confidence and self-esteem.
Overview of Service:
Lancashire’s Children and Family Wellbeing Service offers support to children, Young people and families age 0-19+years, (0-25 Years for SEND) and their families. The service identifies as early as possible when a child, young person or family needs support.
Please Note: You must have lived in the UK for at least 3 years to be able to apply for this position.
All tasks are carried out under the supervision of a member of staff:
- Support and assist staff to run sessions and activities as required for the group
- Help setting up the room for group work and tidying up afterwards.
- Help with building new skills, confidence and motivation.
- Engaging with groups for children, young people and their families
- Help with supporting children and young people with additional needs
- Log volunteering hours on computer Better Impact account
- Patience and understanding
- Approachable and Friendly
- Non Judgemental
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- An ability to motivate and inspire others
- Good Communication skills – Good Active Listener
- Reliable and committed to providing long term volunteering support
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Mandatory training will include:
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Data Security Awareness
- Health & Safety
- Preventing Radicalisation
- Resuscitation (Basic Life Support)
- Safeguarding Children Level 1
- This post is subject to Enhanced DBS checking.
Required Age:25 years +
Morecambe Neighbourhood Centre, Morecambe Library, Central Drive, Morecambe. LA4 5DL