Supporting Library Activities for Adults – Coffee and Chat Sessions – Coppull Library
Coppull Library are looking for a volunteer to help with their Coffee and Chat Sessions on Monday afternoons from 2.00pm – 4.00pm.
Lancashire libraries care and cater for the needs of their local communities and are recognised as a safe space and often the main community hub. The library service is continually involved with new projects to ensure they provide what is needed locally for all ages. By running regular events and acting as the venue for many other local groups’ activities, they endeavour to help tackle the issues leading to social isolation.
The need for volunteers to help assist the service, by helping under supervision to provide many of the activities and projects, is vital.
Please speak with a member of staff before applying to ensure it’s suitable.
- Helping to ensure the smooth running of weekly coffee and chat sessions.
- Offer support with setting up the spaces for sessions before and after.
- Helping with washing up and clearing away after the session.
- Helping with refreshments.
- Engaging with library users attending the sessions.
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system.
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role.
- Be confident at dealing with all members of the public
- Be a good communicator
- Be reliable and committed
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
Please speak to a member of library staff before applying
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Coppull Library, 226 Spendmore Lane, Coppull, Chorley, PR7 5BZ