Could you assist other volunteers by providing transport for them to arranged meetings or social activities so that they are able to participate?
You are not asked to give a specific time commitment as the help needed can vary but a flexible availability would be very helpful.
The tasks will include transporting volunteers to pre-arranged destinations and to liaise with the Voluntary Services Officer (VSO) about transport arrangements.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check and is only open to residents of Blackpool to apply.
Out of pocket expenses can be claimed back including travel expenses.
- To liaise with the Voluntary Services Officer (VSO) about transport arrangements
- Transport volunteers to pre-arranged destinations
- Keep a record of journeys taken
- Complete expense claim forms
- To discuss any activities with the VSO which deviate from the tasks listed above
- Take part in the induction programme arranged by the VSO
- Attend training and support meetings
- Patient, understanding and have a genuine interest in people
- Be approachable and reliable and be able to work as part of a team
- Good communication and listening skills are also needed
- Previous experience in a health and social care is very helpful, although it is not essential
- Volunteers receive ongoing support through meetings and monthly social activities
- Opportunities to meet on a one-to-one basis with the VSO
- Training is offered and further arrangements can be made to meet personal needs
Required Age:18 years +
292, Central Drive
Apply for this role
If you are interested in this opportunity, first contact the Service Manager for an informal chat. Following this, you can apply using the button below.
Please note: your application will be declined if no contact is made to the Service Manager before submitting your application.Apply Now