Parkside Day Centre – Coffee Morning Volunteer
Do you like to drink coffee, tea and chat? We are looking for volunteers with exceptional skills in drinking coffee/tea and being friendly to run our Coffee Morning events at Parkside Day Centre.
We are currently seeking Volunteers to help engage our service users / residents / attendees with our Coffee Mornings.
One morning every alternate week between 10am and 12 noon, assist the service by running Coffee Mornings, organised by the Centre. Coffee Mornings are open to members of the public who are invited to drop in at anytime during the session times for a chat and refreshments. Volunteers will set up the room appropriately, provide a warm welcome to the centre, engage with attendees, make refreshments, providing a friendly face and engaging conversation to help with any feelings of social isolation as well as helping to make the Day Centre a key part of the community.
The Day Centre is flexible on which day the coffee morning is run and would discuss the most suitable day with the volunteer. The Day Centre will advertise the event locally.
Before applying – please speak to the Service Manager to find out further information, discuss the most suitable day and decide if the role is suitable for you. Please email DSO.ParksideDayCentre@lancashire.gov.uk and provide a contact number. The Service Manager will then get back to you for an informal chat.
Older people services operate using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents, staff, volunteers, and visitors. Their core purpose is to provide high quality person centred residential and daytime support for their service users.
This opportunity is subject to an enhanced DBS check. You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks.
- Arrive early and set up room, making tea, coffee and other refreshments, and washing up afterwards
- Spend some time chatting to residents / service users / attendees, helping them to combat their feelings of loneliness
- Encourage them to take part in the activities and offer support where appropriate
- Help to brighten up their day
- Log your volunteering hours monthly online
- Have the skills required to support the activity.
- Be a good listener & communicator
- Be committed to providing a good and reliable service
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly & approachable
- Have a caring and empathic nature
- Able to follow guidelines and regulations
- Aware of confidentiality issues
- Knowledge of helping those living with dementia would be an advantage
Training on Safeguarding will be provided in the form of distance eLearning. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and will be asked to regularly refresh training when required.
Required Age:16 years +
Parkside Day Centre, New Line, Bacup, OL13 0BT
Apply for this role
If you are interested in this opportunity, first contact the Service Manager for an informal chat. Following this, you can apply using the button below.
Please note: your application will be declined if no contact is made to the Service Manager before submitting your application.Apply Now