Out & About Volunteer
Could you give 3 hours a week by spending time with an adult who has a learning or physical disability or chronic illness while their carer’s have a short break?
This may include taking part in social and leisure activities in the community on a one-to-one basis or in a group.
You would need to be able to commit to a regular arrangement and you must be understanding, patient and reliable .
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check and is only open to residents of Blackpool to apply.
Out of pocket expenses can be claimed back including travel expenses.
- Offer friendship to the person they spend time with
- Support people to go out in the community
- Take part in activities together
- Maintain an awareness of other services that support Carers and use this knowledge to signpost people
- Patient, understanding and have a genuine interest in people
- Be approachable and reliable and be able to work as part of a team
- Good communication and listening skills are also needed
- Previous experience in a health and social care is very helpful, although it is not essential
- Volunteers receive ongoing support through meetings and monthly social activities
- Opportunities to meet on a one-to-one basis with the VSO
- Training is offered and further arrangements can be made to meet personal needs
Required Age:18 years +
Apply for this role
If you are interested in this opportunity, first contact the Service Manager for an informal chat. Following this, you can apply using the button below.
Please note: your application will be declined if no contact is made to the Service Manager before submitting your application.Apply Now