Neighbourhood Watch Coordinator – Rossendale
Neighbourhoods come in all shapes and sizes and we are looking for people with a passion for making their communities a better place to live within by volunteering to become a Neighbourhood Watch Co-ordinator.
As a co-ordinator you will need to communicate with your watch members, maintain and update your watch profile as and when required.
As part of becoming a NHW Co-ordinator you should sign up to the public service messaging system ‘In The Know’ you can do this here;
You will also be provided with details on how you can keep in touch with local public services via Facebook and other social media channels
If you would like to know more before applying please contact the Lancashire Combined Watch Forum (the Neighbourhood Watch Association for Lancashire) at email@example.com
- Act as a key point of contact to receive and cascade information between watch members, other local coordinators and partners, where relevant.
- Manage watch administration, ensuring that the scheme and membership information is registered in line with local policy and kept up to date.
- Signpost members with community safety issues to the most appropriate organisation.
- Promote personal responsibility for community safety by encouraging watch members to improve both home and personal security.
- Promote neighbourliness by encouraging members to share crime reduction information and keep an eye on each other’s homes and possessions, giving special consideration to vulnerable neighbours.
- Support public services to identify local issues and solve problems where there are community concerns.
- Passion for your community
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills
Required Age:18 years +
Various locations in the Rossendale area