Milbanke (Day Centre) Garden Activities Support
Do you have a few hours available each week to commit to supporting activities at Milbanke Day Centre?
They have scheduled activities and require Volunteers to help engage their service users and residents to take part.
They are currently seeking volunteers to help with:
- Gardening activities – weekdays (flexible to availability of volunteer) to encourage service users to assist with a paved and border area at the rear of the centre which has border plants and pots.
If you have a specific area of interest in any of the activities above, and are available for the day & time listed, before applying you are asked to:
please speak to the Service Manager to discuss the role, find out further information and decide if the role is suitable for you. Please email dso.MilbankeDayCentre@lancashire.gov.uk and provide a contact number. The Service Manager will then get back to you for an informal chat.
Older people services operate using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents, staff, volunteers, and visitors. Their core purpose is to provide high quality person centred residential and daytime support for their service users.
This opportunity is subject to an enhanced DBS check. You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks.
- Spend some time chatting to residents/service users, helping them to combat their feelings of loneliness and feel valued
- Encourage them to take part in the activities and offer them support where appropriate
- Help to brighten up their day
- Log your volunteering hours monthly online
- Be a good listener & communicator
- Be committed to providing a good and reliable service
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly & approachable
- Have a caring and empathic nature
- Able to follow guidelines and regulations
- Aware of confidentiality issues
- Have knowledge and awareness of dementia issues
Training will be provided in the form of distance eLearning. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and will be expected to regularly refresh training when required.
Required Age:16 years +
Milbanke, 72 Station Road, Kirkham PR4 2HA
Apply for this role
If you are interested in this opportunity, first contact the Service Manager for an informal chat. Following this, you can apply using the button below.
Please note: your application will be declined if no contact is made to the Service Manager before submitting your application.Apply Now