Neighbourhood Centre Group Support Volunteer
Do you want to make a difference to your local community?
If you have a few hours to spare each week and are able to volunteer, this would be a great opportunity to consider.
Children, Family, & Wellbeing Service are seeking volunteers to assist under supervision of a member of staff, to help those who access their services.
They require Group Support volunteers for their building based and Mobile Youth Bus activities.
This opportunity will give a volunteer the chance to:
- Gain experience from volunteering for this opportunity.
- Make a positive difference to a child, young person, and their family.
- Use their creative skills.
- Improve their confidence and self-esteem.
Overview of Service:
Children and Family wellbeing Services, prevention and early Help Service offers support to children, Young people and families age 0-19+years, (0-25 Years for SEND) and their families. The service identifies as early as possible when a child, young person or family needs support.
This post subject to Enhanced DBS/Vetting
All tasks are carried out under the supervision of a member of staff:
Support and assist staff to run sessions and activities as required for the group
- Help setting up the room for group work and tidying up afterwards (Building based)
- Help with building new skills, confidence and motivation.
- Engaging with groups for children, young people and their families.
- Help with supporting children and young people with additional needs
- Log volunteering hours on Better Impact Volunteers account.
- Patience and understanding
- Approachable and Friendly
- Non Judgemental
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- An ability to motivate and inspire others
- Good Communication skills – Good Active Listener
- Reliable and committed to providing long term volunteering support
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Data Security Awareness
- Health & Safety
- Safeguarding Children Level 1
Volunteers must have completed the required eLearning training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
The Zone, 6 Chapel Walks, Kirkham, PR4 2TA,