Gardening support needed at Derby Day Centre
Do you have the time and experience to help Derby Day centre with their garden?
Having a well maintained area for their residents is essential to their person centred residential and daytime support care however, the garden must be safe and accessible for that to happen.
If you would enjoy keeping on top of their gardens issues, please apply.
The residents would love to help engage in gardening tasks like hanging baskets, plant pots etc. provides a feeling of wellbeing. Having volunteers willing to help them engage as well as helping with other garden tidy tasks is essential.
Older people services operate using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents, staff, volunteers, and visitors. This role is weather dependent and volunteering is up to 3 hours per week.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Be encouraged to assist residents to tend to small areas of the garden e.g. planting & maintaining spring/summer pots and baskets
- To include general maintenance and basic garden DIY
- If required, you will spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat their feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- Log volunteering hours monthly on-line
- Knowledge of garden plants, gardening / planting / DIY
- Be a good communicator
- Be committed to regular volunteering
- Be patience and understanding
- Be friendly & approachable
- Have a caring nature
- Awareness of confidentiality
Training essential to volunteering with LVP will be provided in the form of distance eLearning. Volunteers must have completed that training before any activity can be undertaken and will be asked to regularly refresh training when required.
Required Age:18 years +
Derby Day Centre, Derby Street, Ormskirk, L39 2BW
Apply for this role
If you are interested in this opportunity, first contact the Service Manager for an informal chat. Following this, you can apply using the button below.
Please note: your application will be declined if no contact is made to the Service Manager before submitting your application.Apply Now