GARDEN SUPPORT VOLUNTEER
As a Gardening Club Volunteer you will be part of a team of volunteers and residents at Albion Mill Community Hub who develop a gardening scheme in the hubs extensive grounds. We are looking for volunteers who love the outdoors and want to be part of this exciting project. Our volunteers make a real difference to someone’s life – even if just a smile and a chat!
We are hoping to have a number of Gardening Club Volunteers at Albion Mill Community Hub.
Please note that all volunteers are required to have an enhanced DBS which will be carried out by ourselves at no cost to volunteers.
The time commitment of our Volunteer Gardeners is flexible, depending on what suits our volunteers and the people we help and the weather!
- As a member of the Gardening Club Team, undertake garden related activities including planting, growing of produce, weeding etc. Volunteering times are flexible, but we do plan to have a specific session each Wednesday 10am – 12pm.
- Work with the team, and external support, to develop the gardening project to help deliver a positive experience for both Garden Club members and users of the community hub gardens.
- Log volunteering hours (in line with local Service Policy – on-line system available).
- Notify Volunteer Co-ordinator of any times unavailable, e.g. holiday, personal commitment.
- Interest in gardening and being outdoors;
- Good listening / communication skills.
- Caring, empathic, sensitive, patience and tact.
- Non-judgemental and treats everyone fairly.
- Understanding of confidentiality.
- Working alone and as part of a volunteer team.
- Willingness to learn.
- Induction training
- Ongoing supervision with Albion Mill Community Hub key contact (frequency to be agreed, depending on type and hours of volunteer activity / volunteer experience, skills and background.
Required Age:18 years +
Albion Mill Community Hub, Albion St, Blackburn.