Digital Champion – Kirkham Library
Kirkham library is seeking a volunteer with I.T knowledge and the ability to share that information with others, to become their digital champion.
Digital exclusion is preventing many people from benefitting from the services digital technology offers. Without the guidance of a knowledgeable Digital Champion many may struggle to navigate their way through day to day online services.
• The Digital Champion will have a wide experience of online services.
• They will use their knowledge to provide I.T support to actively teach, encourage and empower the service user.
• They will ensure a positive digital learning experience.
• Digital sessions are delivered using either library community computers or the service users own equipment.
By running regular events in the library, they endeavour to help tackle the issues leading to social isolation. The need for volunteers to help by assisting to provide many of the libraries activities and projects, is vital.
The volunteer would be required Friday mornings from 10am to 12noon
Please talk to a member of Kirkham library staff before applying.
• Digital Champions will provide initial support to help customers gain confidence with computers
• Helping with ‘Learn My Way’ sessions for people looking to get online for the first time
• Be able to clearly demonstrate the using of iPads, tablets, mobiles, and laptops to others
• Supporting the library to deliver group I.T. taster events and drop-in sessions for beginners
• Log your volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses (where applicable) on-line
• Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role.
• You should have good ICT, communication & listening skills
• Enthusiasm about the huge difference the Internet can make to someone’s life
• Be a good communicator
• Have patience and understanding
• Be friendly and approachable
• Be reliable and committed to providing a good service.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required. Training will be provided in the form of distance learning or trainer led.
Required Age:18 years +
Kirkham library, Station Road, Wesham, Preston, PR4 2HD
Apply for this role
If you are interested in this opportunity, first contact the Service Manager for an informal chat. Following this, you can apply using the button below.
Please note: your application will be declined if no contact is made to the Service Manager before submitting your application.Apply Now