Culture Hack Opportunity for young people aged 11 – 17 years
Would you like to participate in playing games in the library on a Saturday morning?
Poulton library are looking for a young person to support a games session on a Saturday from 11:00-12:00. The volunteer will be willing to support and encourage others to play games within the library.
As a Culture Hack we are offering you a chance to:
- Share your skills and interests with others
- Take part in an introduction programme with support from a designated member of staff as a contact for assistance and feedback
- Gain training, new skills, new experience and receive support
Before applying – you will require a reference from a teacher who has known you for at least one full term. If you are unable to speak to your teacher (during school holidays) we will accept another recognised adult in a similar role i.e. youth groups, Scouts, Brownies etc. Please talk to a member of Poulton Library staff before applying for further guidance.
- Helping children to read/chose books
- Planning and promoting library offers and events
- Assisting and running a variety of activities
- Other activities-in agreement with staff at the library
- Log your volunteering hours on-line
What we are asking for from you
- Attendance at an agreed time
- To behave in accordance with library rules and regulations
- To comply with the Volunteer Acceptable Use Guidelines
- Be a good listener & communicator
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be reliable and committed to providing a good service
Volunteers may be asked to complete training and may be asked to regularly refresh that training when required. Training will be provided in the form of distance eLearning and peer support.
Required Age:11-17 years
Blackpool Old Road, Poulton-le-Fylde, Lancashire, FY6 7DH