Culture Hack opportunity for those aged between 18 – 24 Years
Are you aged 18 – 24 Years?
Are you thinking about doing something new? If you have a passion for reading and libraries, Tarleton Library are seeking Culture Hack Volunteers.
As a Culture Hack we are offering you:
- An opportunity to share your skills and interests in books, reading, authors, with others
- An introduction programme and a designated member of staff as a contact for assistance and feedback
- Training and Support
- An opportunity you can include in your portfolio / CV
Lancashire libraries care and cater for the needs of their local communities and are recognised as a safe space and often the main community hub. The library service is continually involved with new projects to ensure they provide what is needed locally for all ages.
By running regular events and acting as the venue for many other local groups’ activities, they endeavour to help tackle issues leading to social isolation. Their many regular activities and events include that you would be supporting include: Digital skills courses, Mental Health & Wellbeing groups, Reading groups, Children’s Activities, and Craft Activities for all ages as well as providing information and knowledge for enquiries.
The need for volunteers to help assist the service, by helping under supervision to provide many of the activities and projects, is vital.
18 – 24 years Culture Hacks will require two references from people who have known them for over two years
- Helping children to read/choose books
- Planning and promoting library offers and events
- Assisting and running a variety of activities
- Other activities: in agreement with staff at the library
- Log your volunteering hours on-line monthly.
- Be a good communicator
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be reliable and committed
Please speak to a member of staff at the library before applying
Training will be provided in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Tarleton Library, Mark Square, Tarleton, Preston PR4 6TU