Culture Hack opportunity for those aged between 11 – 17 Years
Do you love reading and the library?
Are you wondering what to do during the summer holidays and are able to regularly commit to sharing your passion for books with others a few hours each week?
Then volunteering to be a Culture Hack would be a great opportunity for you.
Did you know….
Every year the Lancashire Reading Journey generates the need for culture hacks to help keep young people reading and motivated and who better to do that than someone who has a passion for the task.
So as a Culture Hack we are offering you a chance to:
- Share your skills and interests with others
- Take part in an introduction programme with support from a designated member of staff as a contact for assistance and feedback
- Training and support
Before applying – you will require a reference from a teacher who has known you for at least one full term. If you are unable to speak to your teacher (during school holidays) we will accept another recognised adult in a similar role i.e. youth groups, Scouts, Brownies etc. For further guidance, please talk to a member of Tarleton Library staff before applying.
- Helping children to read/chose books
- Planning and promoting library offers and events
- Assisting and running a variety of activities
- Other activities-in agreement with staff at the library
- Log your volunteering hours on-line
What we are asking for from you
- Attendance at an agreed time
- To behave in accordance with library rules and regulations
- To comply with the Volunteer Acceptable Use Guidelines
- Be a good communicator
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be reliable and committed
Training may be required.
Required Age:11-17 years
Tarleton Library, Mark Square, Tarleton, Preston PR4 6TU