Culture Hack 11 – 17 Years
Would you like to join the volunteers in Kirkham library?
If you love reading and the library and are able to regularly commit to sharing your passion for books with others a few hours each week, then volunteering to be a Culture Hack would be a great opportunity for you.
As a Culture Hack we are offering you a chance to:
- Share your skills and interests with others
- Take part in an introduction programme with support from a designated member of staff as a contact for assistance and feedback
- Training and support
11-17 reading hacks will require a reference from a teacher who has known them for at least one full term so please obtain the teachers permission and details before applying.
What you are volunteering for?
Activities may include:
- Helping children to read/chose books
- Planning and promoting library offers and events
- Assisting and running a variety of activities
- Other activities-in agreement with staff at the library
What we are asking for from you?
- Attendance at an agreed time
- To behave in accordance with library rules and regulations
- To comply with the Volunteer Acceptable Use Guidelines
- Log volunteering hours where applicable via an on-line computer system
What type of skills and personal qualities do young volunteers aged 11-17 need?
The volunteer should:
- Be a good communicator
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be reliable and committed
Please speak to a member of staff at the library before applying.
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:11-17 years
Station Rd, Kirkham PR4 2HD