Are you looking for an opportunity to develop yourself, to lead and inspire young people?
If so why not become a Cadet Leader and support Lancashire Volunteer Police Cadets.
We are looking for volunteers to support our Volunteer Police Cadet scheme in Lancashire
Lancashire Volunteer Police Cadets are young people aged 13 – 18 years of age who meet weekly (term-time only) they are also involved in local community projects, fundraising and Duke of Edinburgh.
The Unit meet at Ashfield Road Campus, Blackpool and Fylde College on a Wednesday from 6.30 – 9pm.
This opportunity is subject to police vetting and to qualify you must have been a resident in the UK for the past 3 years.
As a Cadet Leader you will be:-
- Supporting cadets at weekly sessions and occasional weekends
- Supporting cadets at community events/projects
- Help broaden cadets knowledge of policing and volunteering in the community
- Undertaking basic administrative tasks utilising ICT systems
- Helping to arrange and manage the cadet programme
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
- A respect for race and diversity
- A non-judgemental attitude
- A commitment to confidentiality
- Good listening and communication skills
- Some experience of supporting young people
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before the activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Blackpool and The Fylde College
Ashfield Road, Bispham,