Cadet Leader – Blackpool South
Are you looking for an opportunity to develop yourself, to lead and inspire young people?
If so why not become a Cadet Leader and support Lancashire Police Cadets.
We are looking for volunteers to support our Police Cadet scheme in Lancashire.
Lancashire Police Cadets are young people aged 13 – 18 years of age who meet weekly (term-time only) they are also involved in local community projects and fundraising.
The Unit meet at The University Centre, Park Road, Blackpool FY1 4ES on a Thursday from 6 – 8pm.
This opportunity is subject to police vetting and a DBS check, to qualify you must have been a resident in the UK for the past 3 years.
- Supporting cadets at weekly sessions and occasional weekends
- Supporting cadets at community events/projects
- Help broaden cadets knowledge of policing and volunteering in the community
- Undertaking basic administrative tasks utilising ICT systems
- Helping to arrange and manage the cadet programme
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
- A respect for race and diversity
- A non-judgemental attitude
- A commitment to confidentiality
- Good listening and communication skills
- Some experience of supporting young people
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before the activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Apply for this role
If you are interested in this opportunity, first contact the Service Manager for an informal chat. Following this, you can apply using the button below.
Please note: your application will be declined if no contact is made to the Service Manager before submitting your application.Apply Now