At Home Library Service
We are looking for volunteers to help deliver books once every 3 weeks to Blackpool residents who due to poor health, disability, Caring responsibilities, or mobility problems are unable to access their local library.
This role is subjected to an enhanced DBS check which will be done free of charge.
Two references are required
- To collect prepacked books from the library & deliver to customers within the Blackpool boundary
- Report any concerns to library staff regards the wellbeing of those customers visited
- Log your volunteer hours & submit travel expenses monthly
- Volunteers must be able to drive and have access to a vehicle
- Have reasonable health as some lifting is required
- Caring & friendly attitude & be committed to good customer care
- Good communication & listening skills
- Respect for equality & diversity
- Ability to use own initiative
- Interest in books & reading is helpful
- Ability to use basic ICT system would be an advantage
- Ability to follow all guidelines including those related to Covid 19, by following the related risk assessment
- Volunteers receive ongoing support & induction training by a designated member of staff
- Be willing to undertake online courses from time to time as relevant to the role
Required Age:18 years +
Apply for this role
If you are interested in this opportunity, first contact the Service Manager for an informal chat. Following this, you can apply using the button below.
Please note: your application will be declined if no contact is made to the Service Manager before submitting your application.Apply Now