Activities Support Crossways Centre
Crossways Adult Disability Day services would like volunteers to help support their activities in the South Ribble District. The Volunteer would be there to encourage and assist their service users to engage with the sessions, building confidence through anticipating.
- Gardening – Wed afternoon, garden and DIY skills required, helping maintain the garden area and helping support gardening projects.
- Group sessions – Monday – Friday, Mornings & Afternoons, help organise and run group activities session for attendees.
- Pamper – Monday afternoon – are you skilled in offering pamper & beauty treatments? Help brighten up a service users’ day by supporting the sessions by nail painting, make up, therapeutic hand massages
Times: mornings 10.30am to 12.30am, afternoons 2.00pm – 4.00pm
If you have a specific area of interest in any of the activities above, and are available for the day & time listed, before applying you are asked to Please speak to a member of staff at the Home for further details before applying to ensure it’s suitable for you.
Please state which activity/activities you would like to volunteer for upon application.
This opportunity is subject to an enhanced DBS check. You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks.
- Spend some time chatting to service users.
- Encourage them to take part in the activities and offer support where appropriate
- Help to brighten up their day
- Log your volunteering hours monthly online
- Have the skills required to support the activity.
- Be a good listener & communicator
- Be committed to providing a good and reliable service
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly & approachable
- Have a caring and empathic nature
- Able to follow guidelines and regulations
- Aware of confidentiality issues
- Knowledge of helping those living with dementia would be an advantage
Training will be provided in the form of distance eLearning. Volunteers must have completed the required eLearning modules before any activity can be undertaken and refresh training when required.
Required Age:16 years +
Crossways South Ribble Adult Disability Day Services
Apply for this role
If you are interested in this opportunity, first contact the Service Manager for an informal chat. Following this, you can apply using the button below.
Please note: your application will be declined if no contact is made to the Service Manager before submitting your application.Apply Now