Activities at Bowgreave Rise
Do you have a few hours available each week to commit to supporting activities at Bowgreave Rise?
They have scheduled activities and require Volunteers to help engage their service users and residents to take part, activities include:
- Befriending –Monday morning & afternoon, Wednesday afternoon, & Sunday afternoon – take time with the service users offering sensitive listening skills and good communication.
- Gardening – Flexible 3 hours a week, garden and DIY skills required, helping maintain the garden area and helping support gardening projects.
- Games – Tuesday morning, help organise and run games session for residents
- Music – Friday evening – do you have the ability, knowledge of music and skills to encourage residents to engage in a sing a long session?
- Personal Shopper – Friday morning, accompany residents while they’re shopping
Times: mornings 10.30am to 12.30am, afternoons 2.00pm – 4.00pm, Evenings 6:00pm – 8:00pm
If you have a specific area of interest in any of the activities above, and are available for the day & time listed, before applying you are asked to Please speak to a member of staff at the Home for further details before applying to ensure it’s suitable for you.
Please state which activity/activities you would like to volunteer for upon application.
Older people services operate using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents, staff, volunteers, and visitors. Their core purpose is to provide high quality person centred residential and daytime support for their service users.
This opportunity is subject to an enhanced DBS check. You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks.
- Spend some time chatting to residents/service users, helping them to combat their feelings of loneliness
- Encourage them to take part in the activities and offer support where appropriate
- Help to brighten up their day
- Log your volunteering hours monthly online
- Have the skills required to support the activity.
- Be a good listener & communicator
- Be committed to providing a good and reliable service
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly & approachable
- Have a caring and empathic nature
- Able to follow guidelines and regulations
- Aware of confidentiality issues
- Knowledge of helping those living with dementia would be an advantage
Training on Safeguarding will be provided in the form of distance eLearning. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and will be asked to regularly refresh training when required.
Required Age:16 years +
Bowgreave Rise, 1 Garstang Road, Garstang, Lancashire, PR3 1YD
Apply for this role
If you are interested in this opportunity, first contact the Service Manager for an informal chat. Following this, you can apply using the button below.
Please note: your application will be declined if no contact is made to the Service Manager before submitting your application.Apply Now