Woodhaven Activities Volunteers
Do you have a few hours available each week to commit to supporting activities at Woodhaven.
They have scheduled activities and require volunteers to help engage their service users and residents to take part, activities include:
- Arts & Crafts – Monday afternoon – if you are good at arts & crafts and able to inspire others with easy projects that would be an advantage.
- Befriending – Mon afternoon & Tues morning – take time with the service users offering sensitive listening skills and good communication.
- Gardening Support – weather dependant flexible up to 3 hours a week, garden and DIY skills required, helping maintain the garden area and helping support gardening projects.
- Pamper – Thursday afternoon – are you skilled in offering pamper & beauty treatments? Help brighten up a service users’ day by supporting the sessions by nail painting, make up, therapeutic hand massages.
Times: mornings 10.30am to 12.30am, afternoons 2.00pm – 4.00pm, evenings 5.00pm – 8.00pm.
If you have a specific area of interest in any of the activities above, and are available for the day & time listed, before applying please speak to the Service Manager to discuss the role you are interested in, find out further information and decide if the role is suitable for you.
Please email dso.WoodhavenDay Centre@lancashire.gov.uk and provide a contact number. The Service Manager will then get back to you for an informal chat.
Please state which activity/activities you would like to volunteer for upon application.
Older people services operate using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents, staff, volunteers, and visitors. Their core purpose is to provide high quality person centred residential and daytime support for their service users.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Spend some time chatting to residents/service users, helping them to combat their feelings of loneliness
- Encourage them to take part in the activities and offer support where appropriate
- Help to brighten up their day
- Log your volunteering hours monthly online
- Have the skills required to support the activity.
- Be a good listener & communicator
- Be committed to providing a good and reliable service
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly & approachable
- Have a caring and empathic nature
- Able to follow guidelines and regulations
- Aware of confidentiality issues
- Knowledge of Dementia and helping those living with dementia would be an advantage
Training on safeguarding issues will be provided in the form of distance eLearning.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and will be asked to regularly refresh training when required.
Required Age:16 years +
Woodhaven, 2 Thorneyholme Road, Accrington, BB5 6BD
Apply for this role
If you are interested in this opportunity, first contact the Service Manager for an informal chat. Following this, you can apply using the button below.
Please note: your application will be declined if no contact is made to the Service Manager before submitting your application.Apply Now