Volunteering Opportunities – Woodside Home for Older People
Do you enjoy sharing your interests with others?
Woodside Home for Older People is looking for volunteers to engage with residents and support activities:
- Gardening Support – flexible days and times up to 3 hours a week
- Engagement (Bingo) – Thursday evenings or weekday mornings to help organise and run Bingo session for residents.
- Engagement (Music) – Friday morning to encourage residents to engage in singing sessions.
- Engagement (Befriending 1 to 1) – Monday morning
- Arts and Crafts – Tuesday morning
- Walking Support – Wednesday morning to take a resident out for a walk
If you have a specific area of interest from the activities above, please state which activity/activities upon application. The specific day and times are flexible dependent on the volunteers preferences and can be weekday mornings (10.30am to 12.30am) or afternoons (2.00pm – 4.00pm).
Before applying – please speak to the Service Manager to discuss the role, find out further information and decide if the role is suitable for you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide a contact number. The Service Manager will then get back to you for an informal chat.
Older people services operates using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents. Our core purpose is to provide high quality competitive, and person centred residential and day time support for the people of Lancashire. You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Encourage residents to take part in activities and offer support where appropriate
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- Log volunteering hours monthly online
- Be a good communicator
- Be committed
- Patience and understanding
- Friendly & approachable
- Caring nature
- Aware of confidentiality
Training will be provided in the form distance eLearning. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and will be asked to regularly refresh training when required.
Required Age:16 years +
Woodside Home for Older People, Burnley Road, Burnley
Apply for this role
If you are interested in this opportunity, first contact the Service Manager for an informal chat. Following this, you can apply using the button below.
Please note: your application will be declined if no contact is made to the Service Manager before submitting your application.Apply Now