Volunteering Opportunities – Broadfield House
Do you have a few hours available each week to commit to supporting activities at Broadfield House?
They have scheduled activities and require Volunteers to help engage their service users and residents to take part, activities include:
- Befriending – Friday afternoon – take time with the service users offering sensitive listening skills and good communication.
- Games – Monday morning, help organise and run games session for residents
Times: mornings 10.30am to 12.30am, afternoons 2.00pm – 4.00pm
If you have a specific area of interest in any of the activities above, and are available for the day & time listed, before applying you are asked to Please speak to a member of staff at the Home for further details before applying to ensure it’s suitable for you.
Please state which activity/activities you would like to volunteer for upon application.
Older people services operate using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents, staff, volunteers, and visitors. Their core purpose is to provide high quality person centred residential and daytime support for their service users.
This opportunity is subject to an enhanced DBS check. You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks.
- Spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Encourage residents to take part in activities and offer support where appropriate
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- Log volunteering hours monthly online
- Have the skills required to support the activity.
- Be a good listener & communicator
- Be committed to providing a good and reliable service
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly & approachable
- Have a caring and empathic nature
- Able to follow guidelines and regulations
- Aware of confidentiality issues
- Knowledge of helping those living with dementia would be an advantage
Training on Safeguarding will be provided in the form of distance eLearning. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and will be asked to regularly refresh training when required.
Required Age:16 years +
Broadfield House, Broadfield Walk, Leyland
Apply for this role
If you are interested in this opportunity, first contact the Service Manager for an informal chat. Following this, you can apply using the button below.
Please note: your application will be declined if no contact is made to the Service Manager before submitting your application.Apply Now