Reading Hack 12 – 17 years
If you are aged between 12- 17 years and are looking to do some volunteering at Fulwood Library every Saturday Morning, this opportunity is for you.
Every Saturday Fulwood Library has a craft group and they would like a Reading Hack volunteer to help support them in delivering those craft sessions. If you are able to regularly commit to sharing your Saturday morning volunteering with others, please apply.
12 – 17 Years Reading Hacks will require a reference from a teacher who has known them for at least one full term.
What do Reading Hacks do?
Every year the Lancashire Reading Journey generates the need for reading hacks to help keep young people reading and motivated. As a Reading Hack we are offering you a chance to:
- Share your skills and interests with others
- Take part in an introduction programme with support from a designated member of staff as a contact for assistance and feedback
- Training and support
Please visit the library and speak to a member of Fulwood Library staff about this role before applying
- Assisting with the running of a variety of activities
- Helping children to read/chose books
- Planning and promoting library offers and events
- Other activities-in agreement with staff at the library
- Log volunteering hours an on-line
What we are asking for from you
- Attendance at an agreed time
- To behave in accordance with library rules and regulations
- To comply with the Volunteer Acceptable Use Guidelines
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be reliable and committed
- Be a good communicator
- Have patience and understanding
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:12-17 years
Fulwood Library, 294 Garstang Road, Fulwood, PR2 9RX