Group support West Lancashire Adult Disability Day Services
West Lancashire Adult Disability Day services would like volunteers to help support their group activities.
The Volunteer would be there to encourage and assist their service users to engage with a variety of sessions building confidence through anticipating.
Applicants must be willing to go through an induction process with relevant background checks and an enhanced DBS check.
- Befriend the service user and assist them to take part in the group activity.
- Encourage and empower the service user to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives
- Reminiscence activities for those with dementia
- Baking sessions with a small group
- Playing board games, card games, dominoes, Bingo.
- Arts and crafts sessions
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to help to combat their feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a person’s day
- To log your volunteering hours monthly
- To complete training relevant to the role
- Be a good communicator and listener
- Be committed to providing a good and reliable service
- Be patience and caring
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Knowledge of disability issues
Training will be provided in the form of distance eLearning. Volunteers must have completed the required eLearning training before any activity can be undertaken and will be asked to regularly refresh training when required.
Required Age:18 years +
West Lancs Adult Disability Day Service, White Ledge Centre, Spencers Lane, Skelmersdale, WN8 9JS
Apply for this role
If you are interested in this opportunity, first contact the Service Manager for an informal chat. Following this, you can apply using the button below.
Please note: your application will be declined if no contact is made to the Service Manager before submitting your application.Apply Now