Group Support Volunteer -Mill Hill Community Centre
The Network of Community Centres in Blackburn with Darwen are seeking volunteers to assist the different groups who access the centre to help set up for meetings and run specific groups i.e. social activities, craft groups, coffee mornings and other groups who access the centre facilities. The community centre volunteers are extremely passionate about their centre and its activities and we are looking for more passionate people to help.
Volunteering in community centres is extremely rewarding as you will meet people from all walks of life and will be able to make a positive difference to their lives. All roles will provide valuable experience and opportunities to access training.
Supported by the Blackburn with Darwen Community Assets Team, community centres are run entirely by volunteers and each volunteer has a unique set of skills which are important in the overall management of the centre. Volunteers play a crucial part in helping to ensure that community centres remain open for residents to access facilities locally.
Please note that all volunteers are required to have a DBS.
- Supporting the progress of the volunteers within the community centre.
- Assessing the practical and emotional needs of others.
- Support and help facilitate grouped events i.e. activities such as arts and crafts, social events etc.
- Ensure a safe and welcoming environment for visitors.
- Log volunteering hours via an on-line computer system
- Good communication skills/chatty.
- Good organisational skills to run and maintain an activity for a number of people.
- Able to provide quality support for other volunteers and centre users.
- Ability to engage with different age groups.
- To be enthusiastic and motivated.
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Required Age:16 years +
Mill Hill Community Centre, New Chapel St, Blackburn BB2 4DT