GROUP SUPPORT VOLUNTEER
Volunteering in a residential hub complex is extremely rewarding. You will meet people from all walks of life and will be able to make a positive difference to those you meet
Run by Inclusion Housing, supported by Blackburn with Darwen council and the NHS. Albion Mill Community Hub activities will be run by volunteers, assisted by the activities co-ordinators. Volunteers play a crucial part in helping to ensure that on-site residents are invited and encouraged to attend activities that are run from there.
All roles will provide valuable experience and opportunities to access training.
The new residential Albion Mill complex in Blackburn with Darwen are seeking volunteers to assist, and set up different groups, for people who both live in the complex and inviting the wider community to attend. This groups could consist of social activities, craft groups, coffee mornings, outdoor gardening activities etc.
Please note that all volunteers are required to have an enhanced DBS which will be carried out by ourselves at no cost to volunteers.
Monday – Sunday (morning, afternoon and evenings) hours to suit you the volunteer.
- Supporting the progress of the residents and the wider community
- Assessing the practical and emotional needs of others
- Support and help facilitate group events i.e. activities such as arts and crafts, social events etc.
- Ensure a safe and welcoming environment for visitors
- Log volunteering hours via an on-line computer system
- Good communication skills/approachable
- Good organisational skills to run and maintain an activity for a number of people
- Ability to engage with different age groups, abilities and cultures
- To be enthusiastic and motivated
- Non-judgemental and treats everyone fairly
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led
Required Age:16 years +
Albion Mill Community Hub, Albion St, Blackburn.