Gardening Support required at Meadowfield House
Are you a keen gardener?
If you are interested in sharing that knowledge with others, this could be the ideal opportunity for you.
Meadowfield House are seeking enthusiastic Gardening Support Volunteers to help support their gardening tasks. The garden area plays a large part in wellbeing and Older people services operate using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents, staff, volunteers and Visitors.
Their core purpose is to provide person centred support for their service users.
This opportunity is weather dependant and flexible, the volunteer must be committed to carry out their support up to 3 hours a week.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- As a Gardening Assistant volunteer you will be encouraged to assist residents to tend to small areas of the garden e.g. planting & maintaining spring/summer pots and baskets.
- Be able to include the group to carry out general maintenance and basic garden DIY
- Actively support, encourage and empower the service user to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- Log volunteering hours monthly on-line
- Complete training and commit to further training relevant to role as requested
Gardening Assistant volunteers need to:
- Be good communicators
- Be committed to providing a good reliable service
- Have general knowledge of gardening/ planting/DIY
- Be patience and understanding
- Have a caring nature
- Be friendly & approachable
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines
Training will be provided in the form distance eLearning.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and will be asked to regularly refresh training when required.
Required Age:18 years +
Meadowfield House, Meadowfield, Fulwood, Preston PR2 9NX