Garden support West Lancashire Adult Disability Day Services
Do you love gardening? West Lancashire Adult Disability Day Services are seeking enthusiastic Gardening Support Volunteers to help maintain their garden and have the ability to gently encourage their service users by getting them to support with easy gardening tasks.
Adult Disability Day Services operate using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all service users, staff, volunteers, and visitors.
The benefits of having a well maintained area is essential to their person centred support care.
This role is weather dependent and up to 3 hours per week.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Be encouraged to assist service users to tend to small areas of the garden e.g. planting & maintaining spring/summer pots and baskets.
- To include general maintenance and basic garden DIY
- If required, you will spend some time chatting to service users helping to combat their feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up their day
- Log your volunteering hours monthly on-line
- Complete training relevant to role
- Good knowledge of garden plants, gardening / planting / DIY
- Be a good communicator and listener
- Be committed to providing a good reliable service
- Be patience and understanding
- Be friendly & approachable
- Have a caring nature
- Awareness of confidentiality
Training will be provided in the form of distance eLearning. Volunteers must have completed the required eLearning training before any activity can be undertaken and will be asked to regularly refresh training when required.
Required Age:18 years +
West Lancs Adult Disability Day Service, White Ledge Centre, Spencers Lane, Skelmersdale, WN8 9JS
Apply for this role
If you are interested in this opportunity, first contact the Service Manager for an informal chat. Following this, you can apply using the button below.
Please note: your application will be declined if no contact is made to the Service Manager before submitting your application.Apply Now