Activity Volunteers – De Vitre House Lancaster
Do you have a few hours available each week to commit to supporting activities at Devitre
They have scheduled activities and require volunteers to help engage their service users and residents to take part, activities include:
- Arts & Crafts – Tuesday mornings – if you are good at arts & crafts and able to inspire others with easy projects that would be an advantage.
- Befriending – Monday morning, Tuesday afternoon & Thursday afternoon – take time with the service users offering sensitive listening skills and good communication.
- Music – Friday morning – do you have the ability, knowledge of music and skills to encourage residents to engage in a sing a long session?
- Walking support – Monday afternoon, Wed morning & Friday afternoon – to accompany a resident on a walk
- Games – Wed afternoon and Thursday morning, help organise and run games session for residents
Times: mornings 10.30am to 12.30am, afternoons 2.00pm – 4.00pm, evenings 5.00pm – 8.00pm.
If you have a specific area of interest in any of the activities above, and are available for the day & time listed, before applying please speak to the Service Manager to discuss the role you are interested in, find out further information and decide if the role is suitable for you.
Please email DeVitreDC@lancashire.gov.uk and provide a contact number. The Service Manager will then get back to you for an informal chat.
Please state which activity/activities you would like to volunteer for upon application.
Older people services operate using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents, staff, volunteers, and visitors. Their core purpose is to provide high quality person centred residential and daytime support for their service users.
This opportunity is subject to an enhanced DBS check. You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks.
- Actively support, encourage and empower the service user to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives
- Sharing your hobbies/interests with others and encouraging participation in activities
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- To log your volunteering hours monthly on-line
- Have the skills required to support the activity.
- Be a good listener & communicator
- Be committed to providing a good and reliable service
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly & approachable
- Have a caring and empathic nature
- Able to follow guidelines and regulations
- Aware of confidentiality issues
- Knowledge of Dementia and helping those living with dementia would be an advantage
Training on Safeguarding will be provided in the form of distance eLearning. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and will be asked to regularly refresh training when required
Required Age:16 years +
DeVitre House Day Centre, Ashton Road, Lancaster LA1 5AL
Apply for this role
If you are interested in this opportunity, first contact the Service Manager for an informal chat. Following this, you can apply using the button below.
Please note: your application will be declined if no contact is made to the Service Manager before submitting your application.Apply Now