Digital Champion – Fleetwood library
Fleetwood Library are seeking someone with a range of I.T skills to become their new digital champion, could that be you?
The role is for 2 hours per week on Wednesdays from 10.00 to 12.00noon.
Digital exclusion is preventing many people from benefiting from the services digital technology offers. Without the guidance of a knowledgeable Digital Champion many will struggle to navigate their way through day to day online services. The library service is continually involved with new projects to ensure they provide what is needed locally for all ages and by running regular events they help tackle the issues leading to social isolation.
The need for volunteers to help assist the service, by helping under supervision to provide many of the activities and projects, is vital.
• The Digital Champion will help those new to computers and digital technology to follow a set eLearning course. Supporting the library to deliver group I.T. taster events and drop-in sessions for beginners.
• Digital Champions will provide initial support to help customers gain confidence with computers. Helping with sessions for people looking to get online for the first time.
• The Digital Champion will have a wide experience of online services and be able to clearly demonstrate the using of iPads, tablets, and laptops to others.
• They will use their knowledge to provide I.T support to actively teach, encourage and empower the service user.
• They will ensure a positive digital learning experience.
• Digital sessions are delivered using either library community computers or the customer may want to use their own equipment.
• Volunteers are required to log their volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses (where applicable) on-line.
• Volunteers are asked to complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role.
- You should have good ICT and communication skills
- Enthusiasm about the huge difference the Internet can make to someone’s life
- Be a good communicator
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be reliable and committed to providing a good service
Please talk to a member of Fleetwood Library staff about this opportunity before applying
Additional training will be provided in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required essential training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
North Albert St, Fleetwood FY7 6AJ