Culture Hack volunteering opportunity for young people aged 11 – 17 Years
Would you like to join the volunteers in Ormskirk library?
If you love reading and the library and are able to regularly commit to sharing your passion for books with others a few hours each week, then volunteering to be a Culture Hack would be a great opportunity for you.
As a Culture Hack we are offering you a chance to:
- Share your skills and interests with others
- Take part in an introduction programme with support from a designated member of staff as a contact for assistance and feedback
- Gain training, new skills, and new experience.
Please note before applying, you will require a reference from a teacher who has known you for at least one full term so and will have to have spoken to them to get their details for the application form.
Please would you speak to a member of Ormskirk Library staff before applying.
Hours shown are the libraries open times, your volunteering day & time will be on one of those days and where possible at a day & time agreeable to you, this will be explained by the library staff.
- Helping children who require help to read/chose books
- Planning and promoting library offers and events
- Assisting and running a variety of activities
- Other activities-in agreement with staff at the library
- Log your volunteering hours on-line
What we are asking for from you
- Attendance at an agreed time
- To behave in accordance with library rules and regulations
- To comply with the Volunteer Acceptable Use Guidelines
- Be a good listener & communicator
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be reliable and committed
Volunteers may be asked to complete training.
Required Age:11-17 years
Ormskirk Library, Burscough Street Ormskirk L39 2EN