Conversation workshops in Hyndburn
Do you have an interest in supporting the needs of refugees and asylum seekers?
If you have a teaching background, and time each week to volunteer please apply.
Lancashire Refugee Resettlement Programme would like volunteers to help in supporting and running their Conversation Workshops.
This opportunity would suit those with language teaching experience i.e., ESOL
Conversation workshops are set up to help those attending to feel integrated into a new area, by providing them with the opportunity to improve on their ability to converse with others in a supportive and empathetic environment.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Supporting ESOL workshops
- Engaging with the group supporting those attending to take part and to get involved, may also require 121
- Supporting sessions that are delivered at venues online as required
- Help with building new skills, confidence, and motivation
- Help setting up the room for group work and tidying up afterwards (Building based)
- Log your volunteering hours monthly online
- Be over the age of 18
- Commitment to addressing the needs of refugees and asylum seekers & interest in refugee issues.
- ESOL / Teaching experience would be an advantage
- Patience and understanding, trustworthy and responsible
- Approachable and Friendly
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- An ability to motivate and inspire others
- Excellent communication skills (no additional language skills required)
- Active Listener
- Reliable and committed to providing long term volunteering support on dates required
- Ability to work well as part of a team
Training will be required specific to the service and the role. Volunteers are expected to complete all training as and when required.
Required Age:18 years +
This opportunity is specific to the Hyndburn District.
Applicants should live in Hyndburn.