Cleaning Support Volunteer – Greenfield Community Centre
As a cleaning support volunteer you will ensure that the building is kept clean and tidy at all times for the benefit of the users of the community centre. This can include undertaking varied cleaning duties in the centre and following health and safety procedures ensuring protection of all centre users.
Volunteering in community centres is extremely rewarding as you will meet people from all walks of life and will be able to make a positive difference to their lives.
The community centre volunteers are extremely passionate about their centre and its activities and we are looking for more passionate people to help.
Supported by the Blackburn with Darwen Community Assets Team, community centres are run entirely by volunteers and each volunteer has a unique set of skills which are important in the overall management of the centre. Volunteers play a crucial part in helping to ensure that community centres remain open for residents to access facilities locally.
All roles will provide valuable experience and opportunities to access training.
- Cleaning/vacuuming floors.
- Dusting/Polishing surfaces and cleaning windows.
- Cleaning kitchens, restrooms/WCs.
- Documenting routine inspection and maintenance activities.
- Carry out deep cleaning intermittently.
- Log volunteering hours via an on-line computer system
- Previous cleaning experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem solving.
- Ability to carry out tasks autonomously.
- Adherence to Health and safety principles.
- Contribute effectively as part of a team.
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
A DBS check will be carried out for successful applicants.
Required Age:18 years +
Greenfield Community Centre, Green Lane, Blackburn BB2 4SR