Classroom Support Assistant
Would you be interested in the opportunity that will help you to develop your knowledge and skills? We are looking for volunteers to spend time supporting tutors in our adult learning classes in the following subject areas:
Family Learning, Employability, Digital/ICT, Health and Wellbeing, ESOL, English and maths, Positive Minds and LDD.
Examples of duties include supporting adult learners with confidence building, reading, writing and supporting the tutor with general classroom duties.
We offer courses all year round in various subjects and levels. We will work with volunteers to identify the classes best suited to their interests and knowledge.
A DBS will be carried out by Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council at no cost to the volunteer.
Volunteers are required for Monday to Friday AM and PM Sessions which are ongoing throughout the year.
- Support learners with course documentation i.e. class task, enrolment form, individual learning plans
- Supporting learners to attend sessions
- Support learners to achieve their learning goals
- Support tutors within the classroom environment
- Log volunteering hours via an on-line computer system
Volunteers will be required to have a good standard of English language as well as a willingness, interest and ambition to support adult learners in a community-learning environment.
- Good ICT and communication skills
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be reliable and committed
- Speaking a community language is an advantage
Volunteers are required to complete Safeguarding Adults and Data Security Awareness Training prior to starting this role. In addition, we can offer NCFE Cache Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools and Colleges, Functional skills and other professional qualifications.
Required Age:18 years +
Various community venues throughout Blackburn and Darwen