Activity Volunteers required at Woodhill House Morecambe
Do you enjoy sharing activities with others?
We are looking for Activity Volunteers to help encourage and assist the Woodhill House residents to take part in our many activities sessions.
As well as carrying out other activities, we would love the volunteers to come along to help with our music and sing song sessions.
Older people services operates using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents. Our core purpose is to provide high quality competitive, and person centred residential and day time support for the people of Lancashire.
Support from a Volunteer can help make a difference in someone’s life, even if it’s just a smile.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
As an Activity volunteer you will act as a friend to residents and assist them to partake in small group activities.
If you are able to share your hobby/ interest this could create a new group for a small number of older people.
Activities may include:-
- Actively support, encourage and empower the service user to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives
- Reminisce activities for residents with dementia
- Baking with a small group
- Playing board games, cards, dominoes
- Arts and crafts
- Sharing your hobbies/interests
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- To log your volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses (where applicable) on-line
- To complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
Activity volunteers need to:
- Be good communicators
- Be committed to providing a good service
- Be patience
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Knowledge of dementia
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:16 years +
Woodhill House Woodhill Lane Morecambe LA4 4NN