Activity Volunteers – Beacon View, Skelmersdale
Do you have a few hours available each week to commit to supporting activities at Beacon View?
They have scheduled activities and require Volunteers to help engage their service users and residents to take part:
They are currently looking for a
- Shopping Support Volunteer – Days can be dependant on the availability of the volunteer to accompany a resident while they’re shopping. You will need to have a full driving licence
Shopping Support Volunteer – you would accompany and assist an older person on a one-to-one basis to access the community and support them whilst they are doing their shopping. Volunteers do not handle money.
Please contact Beacon View and speak to a member of staff before you apply to ensure the role is suitable for you.
All Activity Support Volunteering Opportunities are subject to a DBS check. To qualify you must have been resident in the UK for the past 3 years.
- Apply online – (Please apply on the advert for the area you live in, this will assist us to deal with your application promptly and please note not all areas will be recruiting at the same time.)
- One of our Volunteer Officers will be in contact to arrange your DBS
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat their feelings of loneliness by encouraging them to participate in the session.
- You will actively support, encourage, and empower the service user to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives
- Help to brighten up the service user’s day
- Log your volunteering hours monthly on-line
- Complete training relevant to the role
- Be a good communicator
- Be committed to providing a good reliable service
- Be patient & be empathetic
- Have knowledge of Older People’s needs
- Awareness of Dementia issues would be an advantage
- Passionate about making older people feel good about themselves
- Adhere to confidentiality Guidelines
- Be friendly and have an approachable manner
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:16 years +
Beacon View, Kiln Lane, Skelmersdale
Apply for this role
If you are interested in this opportunity, first contact the Service Manager for an informal chat. Following this, you can apply using the button below.
Please note: your application will be declined if no contact is made to the Service Manager before submitting your application.Apply Now