Activity Assistants – Thorpe View Day Centre
Do you enjoy sharing activities with others?
Do you have a few hours to spare each week?
We are looking for Activity Assistants to help encourage and assist individuals to participate in activities.
Day services are provided in community settings. The service aims to support people with disabilities to regain/learn skills and confidence and help them to achieve their personal goals.
The volunteer must have the skills, knowledge and ability to help maximise the individual clients potential. Support from a Volunteer can help make a difference in someone’s life, even if it’s just a smile.
Sessions run anytime between 10am-4pm Monday to Friday. Specific days/times to be arranged dependent upon availability, for a minimum of two hours a week. You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The centre would like volunteers in any if not all of the areas listed below.
What we require from our Activity Assistants
As an Activity Assistant volunteer you will act as a friend to individuals and assist them to partake in small group activities.
If you are able to share your hobby/ interest this could create a new group for a small number of people.
Activities may include:-
- Yoga support
- Gardening support
- Pamper and beauty activities
- Baking with a small group
- Arts and crafts activities
- Walking group support
- Music support
- Actively support, encourage and empower the service user to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- To log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
- To complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
- Be good communicators
- Be committed
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines
- Friendly and approachable manner
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Thorpe View Day Centre, Thorpe Avenue, Torrisholme, Morecambe, Lancashire, LA4 6NG
Apply for this role
If you are interested in this opportunity, first contact the Service Manager for an informal chat. Following this, you can apply using the button below.
Please note: your application will be declined if no contact is made to the Service Manager before submitting your application.Apply Now