The Lancashire Constabulary Volunteer Police Cadets are a preventative service aimed at providing young people with the confidence to engage in their community and promote social action.
The Constabulary regularly run recruitment campaigns, usually in the Spring (all Opportunities to join are posted on the LVP website) however, they will consider referrals all year round.
The Lancashire Constabulary Volunteer Police Cadet scheme is run across Lancashire and offers places for young people aged between 13yrs and 18yrs, the scheme is;
- Inclusive of Vulnerable Young People and Representative of Local Communities
- Free to join and participate
- Visible and Unformed
- Offers an introduction to policing and other public services
- Focusses on social action and doing good in the local community
- Offers cadets an award scheme that promotes life skills and social action
- provides cadets with a safe environment and opportunity to engage in physical activities
- Encourages Youth Voice and involves cadets in programme management / decision making
- Promotes lifelong volunteering opportunities
Their Motto of ‘Let’s Go Out and Do Some Good’ remains as strong as ever and the corner stone of what they stand for.
One of the key aims of the programme is to engage local communities in social action projects and community initiatives that support local people and enhances the local environment.
The scheme delivers life skills in partnership with the Princes Trust
Referrals can be made by any volunteer or paid staff member from an LVP partner concerning a young person who they consider vulnerable and would benefit from the scheme. Please note that the young person and their guardian must consent to the referral being made.
When a referral is received the Constabulary will assess the suitability of the young person for a place at one of their cadet schemes. The referrer will be made aware of the result however further updates will not be made by the Constabulary.
To make a referral please click on the link below where you will be asked a number of questions which will allow the Constabulary to make a decision. The delivery team may make contact with you to further explore some of the information provided.