Yoga Support – Wyre Day Services
Sharing their skills, knowledge and enjoyment of Yoga the volunteer encourages and empowers the client to attend the Yoga Class ensuring it is a safe and positive learning experience. This rewarding opportunity encourages and empowers the client to access the full experience of joining a local yoga group. With set aims and objectives the volunteer will establish a regular meeting with the service user and aim to increase the confidence, resilience and independence of that service user by actively supporting, encouraging, mentoring and empower them to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives.
The volunteer offers dedicated and purposeful support to those who may be struggling, and helps to steer them towards the time specific outcome. The client benefits from having a supportive volunteer who will help them work towards those aims.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Support a lady to access her community by attending a local yoga/exercise class
- Actively support, encourage and empower the service user to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
- Volunteers will be provided with relevant training required for this role
- Good communication skills
- Friendly and approachable
- Being patient and respectful
- An interest in fitness/yoga
- Understanding of health & safety
- Access to a vehicle
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Wyre Adult Disability Day Service, Larkholme Avenue, Fleetwood