Wheels for all – Wyre Day Services
Sharing their skills, knowledge and enjoyment of cycling the Wheels for all Volunteer actively assists in the cycling activities by encouraging and empowering others and by providing a safe and positive learning experience. This rewarding opportunity encourages and empowers the client to access the full experience of cycling. With set aims and objectives the volunteer will establish a regular meeting with the service user and aim to increase the confidence, resilience and independence of that service user by actively supporting, encouraging, mentoring and empower them to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives.
The volunteer offers dedicated and purposeful support to those who may be struggling, and help them steer their way towards the time specific outcome.
The client benefits from having a supportive volunteer who will help them work towards those aims.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- To work with 2 staff and support 5 people with learning and physical disabilities to take part in an indoor cycling project
- Using a range of adapted cycles
- To log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
- To complete minimum level training e.g. Safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
- An interest in bicycles/ cycling
- Good communication skills
- Friendly and approachable
- Being patient and respectful
- An interest in fitness/health and wellbeing
- Understanding of health & safety
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Wyre Adult Disability Day Service, Larkholme Ave, Fleetwood