Writing pens at the ready?
New Writing group starting in Burscough Library are looking for volunteers to help with this library activities for adults.
Lancashire libraries care and cater for the needs of their local communities and are recognised as a safe space and often the main community hub.The library service is continually involved with new projects to ensure they provide what is needed locally for all ages. By running regular events and acting as the venue for many other local groups’ activities, they endeavour to help tackle the issues leading to social isolation.
This opportunity is part of their many regular activities and events that cover:
- Reading and Literacy (General Book groups, Writing Groups, etc.)
The need for volunteers to help assist the service, by helping under supervision to provide many of the activities and projects, is vital.
- Participate but not lead on ensuring smooth running of event.
- Helping to promoting the event -if appropriate.
- Help in setting up the spaces for sessions.
- Help with refreshments -if appropriate.
- Assisting at other themed events i.e. World Poetry Day, World Health Day, Heritage Open Day and Safer Internet Day.
- Welcoming library users to the sessions and be willing to help tackle social isolation by talking.
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses (where applicable) on-line.
- Complete minimum level training and commit to further training relevant to role.
- Be confident at dealing with all members of the public
- Be a good listener & communicator
- Be reliable and committed
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
Please speak to a member of library staff before applying
Training will be provided in the form of distance eLearning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Burscough Library Mill Lane Burscough L40 5TJ