Wellbeing Volunteer at Longton Library
Are you passionate about wellbeing?
Longton Library is looking for a new volunteer to look after a Wellbeing Group; for adults to come in, make some time for themselves, practice wellbeing activities, find a bit of company, and have a chat.
The volunteer will help participants feel welcome, and put out activities such as drawing, games, and jigsaw puzzles, pass on feedback from participants to library staff, and have an input into the future direction of the group.
The wellbeing sessions would take place on Wednesday mornings – and likely to be 1-2 hours approximately between 10am and 12:30pm.
The need for volunteers to help assist the service, by helping under supervision to provide many of the activities and projects, is vital.
With library staff supervision the volunteer will:
- Participating in the wellbeing session.
- Help to ensure the smooth running of the sessions.
- Helping to promoting the event -if appropriate.
- Help in setting up the spaces – before and after sessions.
- Help with refreshments -if appropriate.
- Act as extra set of eyes.
- Welcoming library users to the sessions and be willing to help tackle social isolation by talking.
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses (where applicable) on-line.
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role.
- Be confident at dealing with all members of the public.
- Be a good communication.
- Be reliable and committed.
- Have patience and understanding.
- Be friendly and approachable.
Please speak to a member of library staff before applying.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required. Training may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Required Age:18 years +
Longton Library Liverpool Road Longton Preston PR4 5HA