Walking Supporters – Thorpe View Day Centre
Do you have a passion for walking that you would like to share with others?
Do you have a few hours to spare each week that would enable you to volunteer to support other people?
We are seeking Walking Group Assistants – who will be able to encourage individuals to participate in 1:1 and group walking.
Support from a Volunteer can help make a considerable difference to someone’s life. The days of this opportunity are flexible and specific days will be arranged upon enquiry.
Day services are provided in community settings. The service aims to support people with disabilities to regain/learn skills and confidence and help them to achieve their personal goals.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check
- As a walking group support volunteer you will encourage residents to participate in 1:1 and group walking.
- Actively support, encourage and empower the service user to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to help to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a person’s day
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
- Be good communicators
- Be committed to providing a good service
- Be patient
- Be empathetic
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Thorpe View Day Centre