Walking – Out and About
There are few things as accessible and enjoyable as going for a good walk, the fresh air, the chance to watch the wildlife and look at nature, the sunshine.
Do you have time to share your enjoyment of walking with others who would benefit from having a walking buddy so that they can go for a walk?
Older people services operates using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents. Their core purpose is to provide high quality competitive, and person centred residential and day time support for the people of Lancashire. Support from a Volunteer can help make a great difference in someone’s life.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check
• As a walking group support volunteer you will encourage residents to participate in 1:1 and group walking.
• Actively support, encourage and empower the service user to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives
• Encourage and spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
• Help to brighten up a resident’s day
• Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses (where applicable) on-line
• Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
• Be a good communicator
• Be committed to providing a good service
• Be patient
• Be empathetic
• Have knowledge of Older People’s needs
• Have Dementia issues awareness
Training will be provided in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Milbanke Residential care home 72 Station Road, Preston PR4 2HA