Walking Group Support – Woodlands Home
Do you have a passion for walking that you would like to share with others?
Do you have a few hours to spare each week that would enable you to volunteer to support other people?
We are seeking Walking Group Assistants – who will be able to encourage residents to participate in 1:1 and group walking.
Older people services operates using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents. Our core purpose is to provide high quality competitive, and person centred residential and day time support for the people of Lancashire. Support from a Volunteer can help make a difference in someone’s life, even if it’s just a smile.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check
As a Walking Group Support Assistant you will:
- Actively support, encourage and empower the service user to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
Walking Group Assistant Volunteers need to:
- Be good communicators
- Be committed to providing a good service
- Be patient
- Be empathetic
- Have knowledge of Older People’s needs
- Have Dementia issues awareness
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:16 years +
Woodlands Warwick Avenue, Clayton-le-Moors BB5 5RW