Volunteer Police Cadets
Are you between 13 and 18 years old – if so, do you want to do something proactive with your spare time, do you enjoy a challenge and meeting new friends?
IF YES, then why not sign up for the Volunteer Police Cadets?
Volunteer Police Cadets engage young people in activities that support the local community and aims to provide life skills that will enable young people to lead happy and fulfilled lives.
The scheme is open to young people aged between 13-18. You will develop and experience a wide range of activities that include life skills, police and public service related content, physical activities, working with the Princes Trust Achieve programme and communication skills. You will also be able to participate with outside events and projects that add value and support to local people that are aimed at breaking down barriers between the police, young people and the wider community.
The Burnley Unit meet term time on Tuesdays 5pm-8:30pm at Burnley College, Princess Way, Burnley, BB120AN.
RECRUITMENT IS NOW OPEN HOWEVER DUE TO THE CURRENT SITUATION THE START DATE IS YET TO BE DETERMINED
- Attend weekly term time sessions
- Promote a practical understanding of policing amongst all young people
- Encourage the spirit of adventure and good citizenship
- Support local policing priorities through volunteering and give young people a chance to be heard
- Inspire young people to participate positively in their communities
- You will need to live or be educated within the Lancashire borders to be eligible to apply
- Age 13-18 years
This course will hopefully make you ambassadors for Lancashire Constabulary, and once you leave you will:
- Be part of a team who can deliver local community projects and initiatives
- Have learnt about the roles and responsibilities of members of your police service
- Have developed yourself individually by learning new skills and knowledge
- Improved your communication skills both within the policing family and in the community
- Have had fun whilst taking on new challenges and meeting new friends.
Required Age:13-18 years